Friday 30 August 2013

Cards... yeah I know... I don't 'do' cards...

A card for my Mum... who trod on her cat's tail and promptly fell over in her kitchen... and is now covered in bruises and a bump on her head... she is 80 and tends not to bounce as much as she used to! 
This is a close-up... my Dad's name was Scott.... so a nice touch eh?
and I had the Tim Holtz bird cage die out and the Graphic 45 Secret Garden papers were still on my desk... so I made this one too!  Now I just need to make some envelopes for them... because I never plan the size of the card to suit envelopes that I have already!  That's a dead give away that I am not a card maker, isn't it?  



11 comments:

  1. Not a card maker either but wish I could do cards like this! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, for not a card maker you did a gerat job, beautiful card. Hope your mom feels better soon.
    xx Monique

    ReplyDelete
  3. on look, the birdcage die...and of course, you sell it so well...now even I am happy Ive got one! Love the idea that you don't start with the card size..it definitely marks your erm, card as a non-habitual card maker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must be a card maker then or am I just lazy? I make the cards to fit the envelopes and I only have 2 sizes (3 if you count the tiny ones) Love what you did with the paper and so glad to see that Julia has seen your birdcage die being used...it was on her list of wondering why she had it! Did you see that post?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Annette.

    Hope your Mum isn't too battered and bruised - wishing her a speedy recovery.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card, it is stunning, hope you mum gets better real soon, and this is bound to cheer her up xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. For someone that doesn't do cards, you have made a gem of them both. So love the Scott touch, so fitting.

    Hugs Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Annette> Sorry to hear your Mum hurt herself - I trust the cat is ok?
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your mum is ok, fab cards x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the cards you've made, they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You say you aren't a card maker, but I have several you've made me. And they are all over the top, just like the ones you made here. So glad you still find a use for that bird die, too. Of course, the one for your Mum is beautiful and has such personal meaning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)