Thursday 9 October 2014

The Kitchen is finished... sort of...

Yep, it is almost done... some issues that need to be sorted out, a missing curved door that they seem unable to get hold of, some plaster work that wasn't done properly or done at all, the worktops don't fit...
but I have working taps and a working hob and a working oven!! LOL
and now we have knocked half the wall down between the kitchen and dining room, we use the dining room space all the time, which seems so much better than having a closed off room that nobody went into.
this is the dining room from the kitchen...
and the kitchen with the double doors to the lounge from the dining room...
and at the end of the kitchen is Chris' chair where he sits and chats to me while I cook or make green smoothies and the mahoosive radiator that will hopefully keep us toasty and warm come winter!  (the bookcase will go as soon as I find something that I like to put the phone and modem on...) 
and I have been busy in the scraproom too!  I have unpacked all the scrap boxes!!  I know... its hard to believe, but they are all emptied and the stuff is put away... the fact that I won't be able to find anything for months is lost on me... but at least the cats can now sleep in the scraproom while I sort cupboards and get rid of stuff I don't need and soon... very soon... I will be able to sit and create something.  I have missed that... way more than I thought I would.








12 comments:

  1. your kitchen looks fab, so bright and airy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks good and SO pristine. My question is, where are the burners for stovetop cooking? Guess my eyesight must be bad, because I can see an oven and a hood, but no burners. Other than that, I'm thrilled your life is now back on (SORT OF) track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, after checking your previous photos of the kitchen, I now think the stove top is under the hood that was covered with plywood in the previous post. BTW, I simply adore the hardwood floor you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you have been to my Christmas tag, thanks for your lovely comment. I love how your place is coming along. Good idea to knock that wall out. (they are so over rated! LOL!)
    Cant wait to have your creative projects happening again. We have missed you in Blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you are doing to your home, and can't wait to see the scrap room!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I know why I haven't seen you for a while, you've been otherwise occupied Lol!
    It's all looking lovely, hope you will be settled here for a while.
    Happy crafting, when you get the chance, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww. Now you can really get settled in to your home Anita.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. And we have certainly missed you! Your new kitchen looks fantastic, I can quite understand the need to take down walls, we opened up our kitchen and dining space a few years ago and it made the world of difference! Can't wait to see you crafting again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am really pleased for you, now you can really settle and get creative and not just in the art room but the kitchen too. Congratulations

    Hugs Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad things are getting sorted - the kitchen is looking lovely (even if there are a few things to iron-out).
    You have so been missed. Look forward to seeing you crafting especially as we head toward Halloween & Christmas.
    Big hugs
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. house remodelling is just scrapbooking in 3D. Moving bits and all that planning and then you get to make a minialbum with all the pictures you took - a win win situation I say. Lovely to have you back with us. I have really missed my visits to your world

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fab kitchen and I love how it is placed with the dining room etc.
    Cannot believe that is one radiator - never seen one so big - fabulous to keep you warm. Chris certainly chose the best place for his chair.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)